Hello Parents, Coaches and Team Moms,
The event is almost here.
Below you will find the schedule for Friday night’s showdown (March 23).
Here’s what you’ll need to know:
- As mentioned prior, ALL players are able to come out and run, whether they raised pledges (sponsors) or not. If your player is not listed on the schedule but they would like to come out and run, just have them show up at the last scheduled time for their age group, on the appropriate field.
- If you have multiple players from the same team coming, just have them all report together at the earliest time scheduled for any given player on your team.
- The schedule reflects all those players as of March 19 with pledges in the system, as well as those that were requested to be added.
- Players should be at their scheduled field by the scheduled time. Please allow for time to warm up, restroom breaks, etc. Ages 3U and 4U will be setup in Centerfield of Field 2.
- There will be some waiting in most cases, so with the younger ages especially, please be prepared to hang with your player and keep them “occupied” until their turn. They can cheer on runners ahead of them, etc.
- The prize file reflects those that earned the “Share Prize” (free hot dog and drink) for doing at least 10 shares in the fundraising system. Players that earned the share prize can pick up their prize at the concession stand. I suggest AFTER they run.
- The prize file also reflects those that earned the “Tshirt Prize” (pledges of $50 or more) as of March 19. There will be a t-shirt pickup table at the event. If your player would like to wear their shirt while running, just come early enough to pick up your shirt before their time to report to their field.
- Players can wear whatever they feel comfortable in. They will probably want to wear cleats (if they have them) for traction.
- There will be several vendors on hand at the park that night. In addition to several product vendors, planning to be there are Kona Ice, Kettle Korn and a few other food vendors. We also plan to have a bounce house or two. Concessions will also be open.
- Players can continue to receive pledges and sponsors all the way through the event, so let’s finish the week strong!
- Any player with pledges, that is unable to attend or run in the event will have the average number of bases recorded (35) so that the sponsors are still able to donate to the association.
If the above did not address your question, please feel free to reach out to me. Looking forward to this fun night at the park!
Mansfield Youth Baseball Association